Tuesday, June 26, 2007

3 Weeks

Hello Everybody!

I hope all of you are doing well! I just thought I would give you guys a quick update on how things are going here. We just had the Amazing Race (a photo scavenger hunt around Auckland) that was lot of fun and was a big success at bringing together the church and we had 4 or 5 visitors and even more at the cook out afterwards. All in all it was a big success. My team placed 4th out of 9 teams which considering that we were made up completely of Americans (who have been in New Zealand for no more than 4 months) is pretty good if I do say so myself. Right now we are preparng for our youth lock in that is coming up one week from today. The next two weeks we have are going to be really fun and really busy because the youth will be out of school for their winter holiday and so we can hang out with them more. We have bible in schools tommorow and then we stay after to volunteer with some teacher, this is a very tiring day for us interns (see my past post thanking teachers who teach those kids each and every day) so tommorow will be quite full. My laptop should be coming in tommorow or Friday which is good because I have homework due on the 30th that I should probably start...Other than that things are going great and I am very excited about the next 5 weeks being here!

Ryan

To Robert: Movie Reviews since I have been here

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - This movie is light, corny, and entertaining. Really cool special effects and pretty fun fights scenes. This might be one you should wait til video to see. I do not think it was as good as the first one.

Oceans Thirteen: This is one that I really did not know what to expect. After a stellar first movie Oceans Twelve was a huge disappointment. After seeing this movie I would recommend seeing it. I enjoyed it, much like the first one, and it is good enough to almost redeem the horrible 2nd film in this series.

Bridge to Terebithia: This was a surprise for me because I had never really planned on seeing it BUT saying that it might just be the best movie that I have seen this summer. I highly recommend seeing it and its one you can (and should) watch with Madison and Mallory, I think they would enjoy it as well.

*I will continue to review movies as I see them with the big one that is coming up being Transformers (a guys night here that we have already planned)

Ryan

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ryan,

Thanks for all the updates. It's so encouraging to hear the great things you are doing. I pray for you daily. Love you much