Sunday, July 1, 2007

Almost a Month

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it but in a few days I will have been here a month! Time has flown by and I am already thinking about all the new friendships I have made and how its going to be hard to leave in August. I hope everyone is doing well. Things are exciting here, all the kids are on holiday and so there is no school. Myself, Daniel, and Callie are busy planning the lock-in for this coming Wednesday night. It is going to be to celebrate the 4th of July and its going to be a blast! Please pray that we have good attendance and that some other churches youth groups will be able to come. We had an excitig meeting this morning, after the shepherds of the church met and discussed what direction they wanted the church to go in they asked us interns and Troy (one of the missionaries here) to start planning for a campus ministry. We are looking at Auckland University which has a student body of 40,000 students. This summer has the potential to be the beginning of a big ministry towards those students. There are some young adults in the church who go there but what they say is that the university is very anti-Christian and very anti-American, which is two strikes against us. Unfortunately they already have a "Christian" group on campus who have misrepresented Christ to these people. They are very hard and condemning even tricking students into giving phone numbers and emails so that they can harass them. At least this is according to one of the young adults who currently attends. So starting a ministry here is not going to be an easy task but I do believe that God will bless it. Well I better get back to work planning the lock-in but I hope you all are well and having a great summer!

ps. I will change my profile to where anyone can comment, i did not realize I had it set so that only bloggers could comment. My bad!

Robert,

Transformers: This movie was exactly what I expected and I loved it. Shia Lebouff did a great job and I have no doubt now that he can handle a role in the 4th installment of Indiana Jones. The special effects are mindnumbingly awesome! The battles are epic, Optimus Prime is awesome and the whole movie is definately worth seeing. Definately has my recommendation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan- sounds like you are having a great summer! I'm sure God will bless your efforts even if it's just planting seeds for a future, effective campus ministry. When exactly are you getting back to the states? The US misses ya- But it sounds like you are having too much fun to leave NZ quite yet! My summer has been, eventful- Tons of junk is happening but it's... A long story. Maybe I will tell ya sometime =) Have a great day!
Amy
P.S. Have you had a kiwi burger at McD's yet? I thought they sounded interesting though I never actually got to eat one. Also watch an All Blacks game for me k? YAY rugby =)