Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Holidays

Hey guys!

Here in New Zealand it is the Winter Holiday and so we have been able to hang out alot with the youth. It has been crazy busy here because we have had something to do each day with either the youth or the young adults. We met with a local campus minister who talked about getting Troy (the youth minister here) an associate chaplaincy for the campus so that he can be on campus whenever and he'll even have an office on campus to use. Tonight we have young adults bible study, we are studying through the book of John right now and so far we have had a pretty good turnout. Lock-in was a big success, the cookout went great with about 40-50 people coming for the food and festivities. We had American Jeopardy, a lemon eating contest, egg tossing, and played Chubby Bunny. It was pretty awesome. After the cookout we had about 15 youth stay behind to play games, sing karaoke (yes I did sing; Aerosmith I don't wanna miss a thing), and watch movies. It was a lot of fun and we even had 3 or 4 visitors. This coming Friday night we will have our bible study which I will be leading, so please pray that God will speak through me there. Afterwards I am going to be taking a group of youth to go to another congregations lock-in. It is great that we can get the youth from these congregations together and develop relationships that go beyond specific church fellowships. I hope everyone is doing well and I want to thank you once again for your support because without it I would not be here doing my best to help out and plant seeds.

Ryan

In response to Amy's comment:

-I am having an awesome summer! I am glad that you got back safely though I am sorry that you have a lot going on, I would like to hear about it sometime, perhaps grab a spot of tea (no worries right?). I am coming back to the states on August 7th, and though I will be sad to leave here it will be nice to get to see everyone again. Maybe on my way back to Abilene I can swing by OC and we can grab lunch. I have not had Kiwi Burger, I might just have to try one of those before I leave. I am addicted to the frank rolls at the local bakery which are absolutely delicious. I am going to miss have a bakery on every corner when I get back to the U.S. And don't you worry about us cheerings on the All Blacks! We are definately going to see them put a level of hurt that has yet to be seen on those Aussie Wallabies. Have a great summer and I will talk to you soon!

ps. Do you have skype? I just downloaded it and its a great way to talk back and forth.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha- It's funny that you should mention skype. My dad has been trying to get me to use it for a long time now... I just never got into it- BUT... I am home and although I do not have it on my laptop I believe it works on the computer my dad has set up in my room- I may just have to look into that =) Then I guess the hardest thing will be finding a time we are both online =) ANYWAY- Lunch or tea or all of the above sounds great =) I will be back in Abilene maybe August 19-20? I'm not sure yet- My sister may be coming down with me to look at the school... What? Another Leber at ACU??? How scary would THAT be? lol! I'll let you know how the skype thing goes- GO ALL BLACKS! =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking I was someone else- Loser =) So are you still going to talk to me even though I'm not the Amy you were thinking of? =)

Anonymous said...

Hey bud, Robert Here!
Just keeping tabs on you from the outback of Aubrey.

Man, I'm just reading about all the things your doing, and it makes me feel tired. But it's great to hear you are having such a wonderful time.

Keep up the good work, and just know you're never too far from our thought and prayers.

Love ya!